Thursday, December 8, 2011

Dunkin' Donuts Is Really Pissing Me Off

Dunkin' Donuts is really pissing me off.
Searching for FREE WiFi hotspots is part of my life. I don't have Internet access where I live and I literally live on the Internet. So, I need access to the net as many hours a day as possible. When I first started loading up the Internet with content, I went to Dunkin' Donuts. It was great. I'd get there early in the morning and stay until closing. It was less than a mile from my house. And several members of the staff always gave me free coffee. It didn't cost me anything to be there all day. But over the last couple months, their WiFi connection has been spotty at best. And right now, Dunkin' Donuts is really pissing me off.

Why advertise FREE WiFi if you don't have a system that works? DD doesn't seem to care.

They blamed the service provider, which they've changed twice. Now, they have a new service provide; you can get a signal, but all you get is a "Server Not Found" error message. Resetting the modem would solve he problem, but you can never find an employee who will do it. "It's locked up." Well, that doesn't do anybody any good, does it?

Recently, when it did work, it was slow as mud. For me that was maddening. I was doing this blogging to overcome depression and anxiety and DD was only adding to it.

Denny's is where I spend most of my time these days because it is 24/7 and their Internet is always up and it's fast. If there is ever a problem, I ask the manager to reset the modem and it works perfectly.

But Denny's costs me money. It's about 8 miles away, and $10 of gas disappears after two or three trips there. I have to buy a drink each time I'm there, which is $2.11 and I always cash out for $3.00 - leaving the change for a tip. I'm there hours and hours and I get outstanding service.

Dunkin' Donuts is around the corner from where I live. If I got hungry, I could pack up and go get a bite and come back. Denny's is far enough away where the cost of the gas doesn't make leaving economical. So, I live on the $2 Cheese Quesadillas - more out of pocket money.

There are a couple other options near me, but they have their own quirks. Denny's still wins out because of the 24/7 aspect. And I make full use of the non-stop capability. A couple weeks ago, I was at Denny's for 52 hours, straight, working. I'm nuts, I know it.

I just wish my local DD would get it together. For now, Dunkin' Donuts is pissing me off. And I don't want coffee to go.


Peace...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I Write