Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Causes Me To Adjust Typing Technique #Health

The pain has been slowing me down.
About a month ago, I was working all night at Denny's on my various Internet ventures. I typed a lot. During the evening, I felt my fingers getting numb. I thought it was a temporary thing - hands being too high for an extended period of time - and it would go away. Well, it hasn't. I think I have what every blogger dreads CTS - Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and it has caused me to adjust my typing style.


The problem is on both hands. On my left had, my pinkie and the finger next to it are numb to touch, but they throb with pain. On my right hand, I have similar symptoms with my right pinkie, but not as bad.

What has happened is that I can't feel the keys with my left pinkie. I was constantly hitting the CAPS LOCK key by accident.

Over the last couple week, though, my output has not slowed down, and without thinking about it, I find myself typing with fewer fingers. I just did it. I don't use my left pinkie at all. So, I'm only using 9 fingers. At times, I only use 8.

I see my doctor in January will have her send me for tests to see what the real problem is. It is painful, persistent and a deterrent to the type of work I do. Not good.

So, when you see all of these words on a page, know that it was with great pain that I got them there. You can use your tissues to dry your eyes now. LOL.

Yes, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome has caused me to adjust typing technique.

Peace.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I Write